Tuesday, September 28, 2010

oRANGE

I keep seeing words within words and it’s speaking to me. Ha! Ok stay with me for a few short moments.


Thinking orange encompasses a few different areas but I want to talk about the one that has been on my heart the most and that is – Integrate Strategy. What is strategy? a plan of action with the end in mind. An integrated strategy is aligning leaders and parents to lead with the same end in mind.

Maybe that is why the word RANGE popped off the page today when I was thinking about the Orange marathon among Orange leading #kidmin.

Check out the definitions of range –

1. Range

a. Extent of perception, knowledge, experience, or ability.

b. The area or sphere in which an activity takes place.

c. The full extent covered: within the range of possibilities.

d. A place equipped for practice in shooting at targets.



When I spend time thinking about Orange and how to make it more than a catch phrase at vision team meetings or the color of our ministry shirts; I think about letter (a) of the definition - Extent of perception, knowledge, experience or ability

Am I conveying the message clearly? Do parents grasp the importance? How can I better convey the impact that they possess in the lives of their children? Do they truly understand that there are 8760 hours a year in which the average parents get 3000 to influence the life of their child and I get 40? Do I equip parents and other leaders in kid’s ministry with the knowledge and tools to work together?

I know lots of questions.

How is my training time going with the team that works with me every Sunday? Have we made it the best hour of every kid’s week?


That leads me to letter (b) the area the activity takes place. We get one hour a week and out of 52 weeks a year we may get 40. I would dare say I only get about 25 hours a year. The area or sphere is which the influencing happens is at home. I believe deep in my heart that two combined influences have the greatest impact. In saying that strategy is where it’s at.


Which leads me to letter (c) the full extent covered; a range of possibilities! I know that the end in mind for my own children is that they become fully devoted followers of Christ and that they love and serve with reckless abandon. I believe that the parents that bring their children into Kid’s ministry at CLC want the same.


The home and the church make me think about letter (d) a place equipped where our “arrows” can shoot at the target. The target or end in mind being fully devoted followers of Christ. I need to better equip my parents and my team with the end in mind.

I love my team, my parents and their children (or little arrows). St. Louis Blues fan's say they bleed blue. #kidmin should bleed orange!

No comments: