Saturday, October 2, 2010

Resources at Orange Conferences #thinkorange

The resources at Orange conferences are unbelievable. I bought a lot of books but one book that I didn’t buy was Collaborate by Michael Chanley (and many others) . I didn’t buy it because I waited too long and they sold out. So, how did I get the book? I won it! Twitter became a very valuable tool during and since Orange10. Kenny Conley had one copy left that I won by heading up to the Orange Leaders Lounge and finding him. My husband also won a comic book and Lads CD. All he had to do was tell Kenny that he too didn’t like Avatar. LOL


One of the many books I did buy and read was A Million Miles In A Thousand Years by Donald Miller. It was a fantastic book. I plan to reread it again this week. The Goff family was one of my favorite families in this book. The story about Iron Mike was very moving also.

One of my favorite quotes from the book is –

“A good storyteller doesn’t just tell a better story, though. He invites other people into the story with him, giving them a better story too. “


The book truly is a must read. I read it aloud to my whole family on a three hour car ride. I choked back tears, I stopped to explain and I listened while my kiddos asked me questions and answered mine. That day was one of my favorite family days sharing together as we read about how to live a better story.

Donald Miller was a great speaker at Orange10. He has a project going right now to save Blue Like Jazz the movie. You can check it out here – http://savebluelikejazz.com/

As #kidmin we have the high honor of sharing an Epic story every Sunday. God has invited us to be storytellers but not only storytellers, characters in the story. Are you inviting families and children to become part of the story? When we do invite them to be part of the story it will change them forever!

The resources were great tools I still use since Orange. I love getting the packages from Orangeleaders. They are always awesome surprises.

Michael Chanley, founder of cmconnect.org has also just launched a new resource for all of us #kidmin called imakidmin.com it is a great tool to find other #Kidmin that are close to you. I look forward to networking with other #kidmin by using this tool.

No comments: