Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Primal - A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity

Primal – A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity by Mark Batterson

There were moments I inhaled every line and then there were moments where I had to put it down, just to slow down.

I believe this to be at the top of my list for books I have read in 2009. I have read more than a dozen.

I believe Mark took the Great Commandment and helped me remove everything preconceived and bring it back to its Primal meaning. Amo Dei – Love God
You will find things that speak to you as you read the pages of Primal. I did, things like the counterfactual theory, a drop in the bucket, chickens for children, bricks on concrete, sweat equity and so many more.

I read some of it aloud to my children and have talked about it too many in my circle of influence.

The Strength of Christianity or part 4 made my heart ache and my soul cry out. I believe that this is a book that should go in the hands of every new believer. I also believe that this book should go into the hands of those who have been in churches for years. It is time to rediscover the greatest command Christ ever gave to us in its purest essence.

This should be the last book you read in 2009 or the first book you read in 2010. Then don’t keep it to yourself, share it with others. I am.

“Compassion, wonder, curiosity and energy are nouns. Its our job to turn them into verbs. It’s our highest calling and our greatest privilege.” – Mark Batterson
http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9781601421319

No comments: