Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Nines

In Nine minutes tell me one thing you think I need to know, have to know to grow in ministry.

One thing that will spark study.
One thing that will intrigue me enough to investigate it further.
One thing that will make me reThink. (plugging a mentor)
One thing that will provoke dialouge among my team.

I had nine minutes several times over during the FREE online conference called the Nines. It was hosted by Leadership Network and Catalyst.
I took over 25 pages of notes. I listened with intent and an open heart and mind. To me it was like pulling up a chair and having coffee with several people of like passion.
I was stretched yet tethered. I would catch myself leaning in, hanging on words and wanting to hit pause to soak it in. I would text my lead pastor with quotes. He was listening in as well.
One of my favorite, and there was several speakers was Reggie Joiner. He champions the cause for children's and family ministry. He became someone I followed to gleam from years ago when I heard him at Dream. After his nine minutes I grabbed my bible and dug into Nehemiah. I also ordered his new book Think Orange and it came today in the mail.
I found myself wanting to hear more from some and yet there were a few I welcomed the bathroom break. I watched for almost 7 hours. 7x60=420 minutes. The breaks at the top and bottom of the hour helped me to collect my thoughts and glance at my notes to make sure I could read my short hand later.
I am looking forward to the videos and notes coming soon from each speaker. There is a few I will wear out by replaying.
I would love to go to catalyst but can't afford to get there this year. The Nines was my catalyst for 2009.
Thanks Leadership Network for a great FREE online conference.

No comments: